Creating fresh and stylish jewelry to compliment every woman's style from preppy to free spirit, from metro to mountain, simple to shiny, office to evening, outdoor to opera.

Wear it often and wear it well.

Dum Vivimus Vimamus

Since 2002

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Planning, designing, and dreaming of spring....

February is typically the month that Zippity Doodads begins to make prototypes of design scribbles and musings that took shape in January. Purchases are made, new techniques are tested, and pieces begin to evolve. A perfect activity for the end of February, that pre-spring month.

This February I am also working on one of my favorite projects: A wedding. I love making pieces for weddings! Each bride is different but they all have a few characteristics in common: they are excited, they are happy, and their creative juices are in full swing. Sometimes it is a simple piece for the bride, sometimes elaborate pieces for the bridesmaids, sometimes a trinket for the flower girl or mother-of-the-bride, and sometimes the whole shebang. Regardless, brides are a joy to work with.  We meet and look at photos, fabric swatches, and raw materials. We discuss themes, budgets, and Pintrest.  It is a collaborative process and I typically propose to make several prototypes for her to select from. This wedding is no exception. The colors to work with are navy and blush.  The stones: pearls (in unconventional applications) and Swarovski crystals. The approach: simple, yet eye catching. So I have been having a grand time designing approximately a dozen pieces for the bride to select from.


Here is a sneak peak before even Lauren gets to see them (Shhh!):











While I've made jewelry for over 20 weddings and I say that this one is my favorite, to be honest, each one is my favorite.  Each bride is the most lovely and I am always tickled to have contributed to their special day.



So while I am thinking about the upcoming Artful Affair, inventory for the beautiful new Museum Shop, and dates for the Ligonier Country Market I'm really hearing those wedding bells!



Photobucket

No comments: