Creating fresh and stylish jewelry to compliment every woman's style from preppy to free spirit, from metro to mountain, simple to shiny, office to evening, outdoor to opera.

Wear it often and wear it well.

Dum Vivimus Vimamus

Since 2002

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Saturday's Trunk Show is all about the statement pieces!



I have been very busy in the studio...Oddly enough I haven't noticed if it was sunny or cloudy, cold or warm.  Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite is on repeat.  I have visions of my Sugar Plum Fairy(s) dancing in my head and I have read the Classy Girls Wear Pearls blog about the Boston Ballet's Nutcracker 10 times.  Thinking about what I will wear to the ballet, I re-focus on the stones and metals on the bench.  I have a renewed interest in the three precious stones: rubies, emeralds and sapphires.  It must be about the extra indulgence the holidays allow...If you have it, now is the time to wear it!  And faceted cabochons??  YES, please!  Don't worry, I have also been stringing 36" ropes of pearls and preparing a really sweet door prize for Saturday's trunk show. 


 
 
 
 


Inside the Zippity Doodads signature tote is: A Lenox holly candy dish to be filled with the delectable Lindt truffles; a minty seasonal votive and snowflake candle holder, A Starbucks hot chocolate kit and chocolate covered grahams, a box of fresh from the oven biscotti from Marlene's Baked Goods and a pair of "perfect for the season" ruby and druzy quartz earrings. (Total value over $100) Just enough sweet and sparkle!  Come and enter on Saturday, no purchase necessary and need not be present to win.  And yes, Marlene will be here with her pastries if you feel the need for a festive little treat!


Lastly, If there is something you see here on this post and you must have it, please email me and let me know, I'll be happy to reserve it!  Most of these pieces are one-of-a-kind and I won't have the time or materials to make duplicates before Christmas.

And after the all the jewelry has been made and Karen Good's trunk show is over, I hope to finish the decorating with a little inspiration from  Pottery Barn and the concept of "lodge meets Prepster"  Should be interesting...


Photobucket

No comments: